A catfish may be a sort of fake persona that somebody adopts to lure people into a relationship mostly to scam money. they're also mentioned as “trolls” as some cases involve them just using fake accounts to troll people. It might be quite annoying to be catfished into a relationship as you're taking the connection quite seriously while the person on the opposite end might just be trolling and making fun of you, or on a significant end, could be bent scam your money. Today we'll discuss this important topic called “Catfished on POF”.
As POF Faq may be a free site and has increased its popularity, many catfish get interested in it also and identifying all of them isn't possible. So it also falls on the users’ hands to not get caught into scams. There are multiple ways to void being catfished on POF.
Escape Being Catfished on POF by knowing these things:
- The common thanks to identify a catfish is by the way they profile them. Their background story might sound farfetched and that they use Advanced-fee scams (Nigerian Prince Scam, Spanish Prisoner scam, etc.)
- They might ask you for money and by employing a third party therefore the money can never be traced.
- They tend to avoid having a true conversation like voice or video chats as they will easily be exposed with the false identity.
- Your instincts play an important role because it is you who chooses to either believe the person on the opposite end or not.
- Always do a correct background check or search their personal photos using sites like tinyeye.com to reverse search those photos, or Social Catfish provides nation Search facility to look for the person and find their data.
- The site itself has set a couple of boundaries to assist users avoid unwanted message spam.
- Their pictures might sound out of date(the quality, clothing, etc.), they could attempt to take you to another media by providing you a link to other sites, get your emotional and invite money etc.
So, these are all approximately the Catfished on POF. By knowing these terms, you'll avoid being Catfished on POF.